We have released another plasma-nm version for KDE 4. It’s possible that this release will be the last one, because every distribution is now switching to Plasma 5 and given our irregular releases it’s possible that current distributions wouldn’t pickup the updated version anyway. I’ll keep backporting fixes from Plasma 5 to our KDE 4 branch if possible, so if you want to keep running on KDE 4 from some reason, you will still have a way how to get at least some fixes. There is also a new release of networkmanager-qt for KDE 4, which is required for below mentioned OpenConnect fixes.
Fixed issues in this release:
* bz#341221 – applet: connection which is being activated is moved to the top
* bz#343606 – editor: enable/disable actions when a connection state changes
* bz#340703 – editor: added connect/disconnect actions to the menu and toolbar
* bz#341629 – editor-ethernet: auto-negotiate state is now properly restored
* bz#341069 – editor-OpenVPN: added option for server certificate verification
* bz#341397 – editor-pptp: fixed storing of non-latin characters
* bz#340801 – editor-vpn: fixed vpn import – IPv4 -> routes -> “Use only for resources on this connection” is not checked all the time
* bz#340717 – editor-wifi: added frequency and channel to the BSSID dropdown list
* bz#339296 – OpenConnect: fixed autoconnecting
* bz#309931/bz#334474 – OpenConnect: fixed storing of secrets
* bz#334901/bz#344411 – secret agent: displayed proper connection name in password dialog
* bz#342697 – wifi: fixed displaying of non-ASCII SSIDs
+ many other not mentioned issues
New tarballs can be downloaded here:
5 thoughts on “Plasma-nm 0.9.3.6 release”
user@machine:~/Downloads/KDE/DesktopWidgets/plasma-nm-0.9.3.6$ mkdir build
user@machine:~/Downloads/KDE/DesktopWidgets/plasma-nm-0.9.3.6$ cd build
user@machine:~/Downloads/KDE/DesktopWidgets/plasma-nm-0.9.3.6/build$ cmake ../ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr [-DDISABLE_MODEMMANAGER_SUPPORT=true]
CMake Error: The source directory “/home/brucew/Downloads/KDE/DesktopWidgets/plasma-nm-0.9.3.6/build/[-DDISABLE_MODEMMANAGER_SUPPORT=true]” does not exist.
Specify –help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
Use the command without brackets, because [-DDISABLE_MODEMMANAGER_SUPPORT=true] means that this option is optional.
When will plasma-nm-openvpn go mainstream ??? I’d love to have that seamless OpenVPN experience with plasma-nm like Gnome does with networkmanager applet. Establishing OpenVPN connection through systemctl is getting old fast. I apologize if I sound ungrateful. Thanks for the work.
Support for OpenVPN is there since beginning 🙂